Wednesday, September 23, 2009

changing seasons

The equinox has come and summer is gone. Yesterday I moved the potted pink geraniums from their spot in the garden, to be repotted for their eventual move to their wintertime spot in my office. I replaced them with the pots of now leggy annuals that I collected from various places around the yard. The flowers that remain in those pots are mostly dark purples - they seem better suited for the darker days of autumn.
The air is crisp and clear, and fall is beautiful. Still, the daylight hours grow shorter and shorter and I dread the return of the dark and cold days of winter. I wish for two graces: to enjoy the beauty of this season as it unfolds and to look for the beauty and possibilities of the coming cold season.

No comments:

Post a Comment